Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Transforming Your Cross

I'm thinking this morning about this constant companion, this lacking, that has followed me around for ten and a half years. Do you have a trial like that, a thorn in your side that God continues to allow? A cross that He keeps asking you to take up? He is so proud of you when you take it up and follow Him. It helps me to imagine what He will say when we finish the race and come before Him, carrying our crosses: "Well done, good and faithful servant. You took up this cross and let it purify you and brought it to Me so I could transform it. I'm hammering it into a crown, for it is your greatest glory. The evil one meant it for evil, but you let Me use it for good" (Matt. 25:23, Matt. 16:24, Gen. 50:20). Imagine Jesus beaming at you, filled with delight at the sight of you and your faithfulness. Does your cross seem just a little lighter now, a little more worth carrying?

No comments:

Post a Comment