Saturday, August 29, 2020

Does God Think I'm Good Enough?

Over the past year, I haven't written much about my personal struggles. I haven't been ready to share openly about the details: how I've wrestled with surgery on my reproductive system last September, continuing infertility, and seeing my close friends having their first children. This is not to say that I'm going to start sharing the details now, but I did want to share that I can sum up my recent and ongoing struggles this way:

I am working to disentangle two questions that have plagued me for so long: "Does God think I'm good enough?" and "Is God planning for us to have children?" The big lesson is that these two questions are NOT THE SAME QUESTION. And that's what I've been learning and trying to know in the deepest part of my being. Because the answer to the first is always YES, while the answer to the second remains unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment